If you read my blog long enough, you will see that I have a special place in my heart for small businesses. And, since I am all about social media…well let’s just say the statistics I am about to share are right up my alley.
- Over half of small businesses (55%) believe that Facebook is beneficial to their business (29.7% believe that Facebook is very beneficial)—up from 33% last year.
- Just under a third of small businesses believe that LinkedIn (33%), twitter (32%, up from 18% last year), and YouTube (31%) are beneficial to their business.
- Small businesses also feel that buying group sites are beneficial: Yelp (18%), Groupon (16%) and LivingSocial (14%).
And why do small businesses find social media so darn beneficial to their business? Read on.
- Lead Generation (57% say it is beneficial for this activity)
- Listening (54%)
- Keeping Up with the Industry (53%)
- Improving Customer Experience (52%)
- Competitive Intelligence (52%)
While I wish that the percentage saying very beneficial was higher for “Improving Customer Experience”, it is good to see that the majority of small businesses find social medial at least somewhat beneficial to their business.
So small businesses are getting onboard with social media and getting the benefit from social media. How about your business?