In my prior blog, Why you can’t wait another day to create a personal brand online, I talked about the importance of building and consistently implementing your online brand.
Assuming that you have given your online brand a spring cleaning…now what?
For me, the next step is setting goals for my online brand. At the end of the day, what do I want my online brand to do for me and others?
Here’s a glimpse at my overall goals for social media:
- Mentoring: Help at least one person each week through my social media efforts
- Engagement: Have an in depth conversation with at least one new person through social media each week
- Networking: Increase the number of quality people following/friending/linking to me by 300 each month
- Publishing: write and publish at least two quality blogs per week
- Recognition: increase the association of my name with Marketing and Market Research key words—become the recognized expert.
As with your company brand, you need to set goals for your personal online brand. In my next blog I will talk about the all important next step…. Metrics.
Have you set goals for your online brand yet? What are you waiting for?