- For the mom and pop store, it allows you to seem bigger than you are. You know, what having a cool website did for you about 10 to 15 years ago!
- For the large corporations, it allows you to become smaller. I know what you are saying…”what? Seem smaller?…Why would I want that?” Ah, grasshopper, the reason is community and relationships. As companies grow, their line of sight to individual customers narrows to something that you need a telescope to see. So, by actively listening and then engaging in social media platforms, large corporations can get back to the one-to-one marketing they used to do when they first started out. It makes a difference…really. Just ask Starbucks!
- Integrated into your company culture: You can’t say one thing in social media and then do another during the purchase or post purchase experience.
- Integrated into your marketing campaign: To get through today’s clutter, you need to integrate your social media into an integrated marketing campaign. So, combine your social media efforts with your direct mail, advertising and digital marketing efforts.
- Fully emersed: You can’t just do a couple of tweets and expect the world to come to your door. You have to consistently be there and engaging with your community.
So, how are you integrating your social media marketing efforts into your customer service efforts and your marketing campaigns?